Job Title: Electrical Technician
Department: Technical Department
Reporting to: Test & Validation Engineer
Roam is a technology company that develops, designs and deploys electric vehicles and energy systems tailored for the African continent, leading the transition to sustainable transport. We focus on designing and co-developing tailored products for the local use-case that unlocks mass-scale deployment to a completely untapped market.
About the role:
We are looking for an Electrical Technician who will work within the Electric Motorbikes Technical Team. You will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining the electrical systems in motorcycles. This will include tasks such as troubleshooting and identifying electrical problems, interpreting wiring diagrams and schematics, replacing and repairing electrical components, and performing preventative maintenance on motorcycles. You will also be responsible for installing new electrical systems and components and ensuring that motorcycles are operating safely and efficiently. The ideal candidate must have at least 1 years working experience working in the Automotive Industry preferably working with Motorcycles.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Support engineers with fitment and build of vehicle electrical systems by carrying out builds as per drawings or where necessary provide feedback on alternatives when issues arise.
- Provide timely feedback on product engineering and/or production processes concerning safety concerns, quality issues, performance observations etc.
- Ensure high quality standards throughout the vehicle build. Ensure required documentation is filled where required on updates done to the vehicle.
- Identify, create solutions, and resolve technical design conflicts collaboratively with Design Engineer, Production Engineer, Test Engineer and other mechanics and welders.
- Conduct regular and periodic end-to-end vehicle checks and fixes to ensure prototypes are performing to the necessary standard consistently.
- Resolve vehicle performance issues quickly and systematically to ensure a cost-effective and durable fix.
- Support or carry out vehicle or component testing as approved by Test and Validation Engineer.
- Ensure proper documentation and storage of forms, drawings, recorded test results are done and communicated to relevant test or design Engineers.
- Must have at least 1 years’ experience in the Automotive industry either dealing with Motorbikes.
- Must have a relevant Certificate or Diploma in Automotive/ Electrical /Mechanical Engineering
- Must have working knowledge of the tools and equipment used in the automotive industry and must follow safety procedures when working with electricity.
- Must have good knowledge of the functions and operations of various electrical systems in a motorcycle, including motor control systems, ignition systems, charging systems, and lighting systems.
Career Level: Entry Level
Location: Nairobi/ Kenya
Deadline: 24th February 2023
We aim to contact all our applicants, but due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience