Job Title: Sustainability Apprentice
Reporting to: Chief Sustainability Officer
Roam is a technology company that develops, designs and deploys electric vehicles and energy systems tailored for the African continent, leading the transition to sustainable transport. We focus on designing and co-developing tailored products for the local use-case that unlocks mass-scale deployment to a completely untapped market.
About the role:
We are looking for a Sustainability Apprentice to join our Sustainability team. The goal for this team is to make sure we operate and produce our products in a Sustainable way both environmentally and socially. The team is headed by a Chief Sustainability Officer who is looking for an apprentice to train and coach in regards to all of the company sustainability related activities ranging from waste management and creating circular flows where possible upscaling the waste into new use to carbon credits, vendor relations and overall strategy.
The team will be responsible for setting policies, goals and objectives to ensure that the corporation maintains and exceeds productivity and profitability while meeting or exceeding the set sustainability expectations.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in drafting and implementing sustainability related policies, supplier ESG agreements as well as with the company sustainability reporting.
- Assist in assessing and analyzing company policies and supplier ESG-agreements to identify areas to which improvements can be made in accordance with the organization's commitment to sustainability.
- Brainstorm and identify creative ways in which the company can balance business obligations with the goal of respecting, supporting, and improving the local and global environments.
- Assist in evaluating sustainability programs; recommends and implements improvements as necessary.
- Conduct research to identify environmental and sustainability concerns, interests, and issues.
- Consider sustainability proposals with attention to factors such as cost effectiveness, feasibility, and ease of integration with other programs.
- Assist in drafting and preparing reports, presentations, and proposals.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Maintain current working knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, all applicable local, state, federal, and internal environmental laws and regulations.
- Assist in managing different sustainability related projects including but not limited to Master thesis, research collaborations and other projects.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superlative and creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget.
- Presentation skills required to deliver proposals to varying groups of individuals.
Career Level: Junior Level
Duration: 6 month
Location: Nairobi/ Kenya
Deadline: 6th January 2023
We aim to contact all our applicants, but due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience