Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Department: R&D Department
Reporting to: R&D Electronics and Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Our vision is to make electric mobility more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost-efficient and simplifying deployment. Roam focuses on mass transit products, such as electric motorcycles used for taxi and delivery as well as electric buses in a public transport setting.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to be seconded to our ELE Team. In this team all development involving electrical components for our Roam products are handled. Work is done on all levels of complexity and depths and this means that the expertise requirements for the ELE team is both broad and deep
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Handling of high voltage and high current circuits.
- Implement safety procedures in the ELE team but also shape company policies regarding electrical safety
- Develop testing procedures for electrical/electronic components and equipment including design and development of testbenches.
- Write documentation for requirements, specifications and test results
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or improvements
- Work with other teams to ensure optimized integration with other system components and manufacturing processes.
- Work on various different communication solutions, both wired and wireless.
- Provide guidance on the purchase of different electronic components, tools, systems and software.
- Evaluation of different operational systems and recommending design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system operations.
- Deploy sensor/system data collection, storage and transmission functionality.
- Ensuring that both hardware and software used meets the company’s minimum safety requirements.
- Help in designing and developing hardware components including circuit boards, communication systems, memory storage systems, among others.
- Create project plans, timelines, and assist management with defining budget requirements for BOM.
- Monitor work progress, issue work orders, and resolve electrical problems in order to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Support technical reviews, development plans and projects with the strategic electric vehicle support team and within the electric vehicle RnD community.
- Assisting with recruitment, training and onboarding of new electronics/electrical engineers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer
- Experience in handling high power systems (> 500V)
- Strong understanding of safety related to handling of high power/current/voltage applications and systems
- Strong understanding of electricity fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of properties of both high power AC and DC currents
- Experience in EV market is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Nairobi, Kenya - Roam Electric LTD
Deadline: 6th October 2022