Job Title: Software Developer
Department: R&D Department
Reporting to: Software Manager
Our vision is to make electric mobility more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost-efficient and simplifying deployment. Roam focuses on mass transit products, such as electric motorcycles used for taxi and delivery as well as electric buses in a public transport setting.
About the role:
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Develop end to end telemetry pipeline and live site monitors and alerts.
- Leverage data and telemetry to make decisions and drive feedback into systems design.
- Design and Develop secure, testable and maintainable code.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Embrace agile engineering practices and Dev-ops culture with Live Site focus. End to End engineering (from architecture to Livesite) accountability for the services.
- Carry out quick proofs of concepts.
Qualifications and experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering or a related field.
- Must have at least 1+ years of software development experience.
- Must be conversant with solid design, development, and testing skills.
- Must be a strong problem solver. We expect you to own scenarios end-to-end across multiple components.
- Must be comfortable moving up / down the stack and writing code in both managed and native languages.
Career Level: Mid Level
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 30th September 2022
We aim to contact all our applicants, but due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience