Job Title: Content Creator
Reporting to: Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer
Our vision is to make electric mobility more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost-efficient and simplifying deployment. Roam focuses on mass transit products, such as electric motorcycles used for taxi and delivery as well as electric buses in a public transport setting.
About the role:
We are looking for a well-organized, self-motivated and creative digital communications professional to create social media and website content that supports the company’s communication with its audiences. The content creator will support our marketing department with producing engaging, informative, innovative and entertaining content for each of our social platforms and other digital mediums, using a varied mix of video, photography, visual design, and copywriting skills.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of the current digital/social media landscape, be a strategic thinker, goal oriented, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture. We’re looking for a highly creative individual capable of shooting, editing, and telling a cohesive story.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Concept, capture, and create visual content for Social Media and other digital mediums using a varied mix of video, photography, visual design, and copywriting skills.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and visual identity.
- Supporting our ad creation pipeline.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
- Optimize, iterate and identify new creative opportunities.
- Support the social team's growth with insight into trending content on social media.
- Researching industry-related topics and trends.
- Managing and organizing the company content database.
- Must have experience in filming and editing digital videos.
- Must have experience in photography and editing images.
- Must be proficiency with a variety of professional cameras, technologies, and lighting equipment.
- Must be proficient on Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Premiere.
- Must have understanding of all phases of production and post-production.
- Must be proficiency with features of Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube and other social platforms.
- Must have experience in building a brand through social media.
- Strong analytical and research skills for measuring, tracking and interpreting social data, success and KPIs.
- Comfortable in front of a camera.
- Flexible, organized and a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively when required.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily. You can rally a team around a shared vision.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to create content within project budget and schedule.
- Ability to identify trends, insights, and opportunities to continuously maximize opportunities for growth.
- Outstanding visual content production skills.
- Proactive with effective time-management skills.
Career Level: Junior Level
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma Certificate
Location: Airport North Road - Nairobi
Deadline: 21st July 2022
We aim to contact all our applicants, but due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates are contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience