Job Title: Global Supply Chain Manager
Department: Supply Chain and Logistics
Reporting to: COO
Our vision is to make electric transport more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost-efficient and simplifying deployment. The company focuses on all-electric conversion kits for fleet vehicles such as light trucks, public transport and buses, as well as electric motorcycles and energy systems. We're currently looking to hire a talented Head of Production to join our Production team and help us deliver the ambitious and exciting milestones in an evolving roadmap across our full range of products and services.
About the role:
We are looking for a Global Supply Chain Manager who will head the Supply Chain department which contributes to the overall company vision by supplying all other departments and customers with the Right product, in the Right quantity, in the Right condition, at the Right place, at the Right time and at the Right prices. You will be overseeing Procurement, Logistics and Inventory departments and you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall supply chain strategy to maximize process efficiency, strategically reduce logistic cost, ensure healthy stock levels and maintain timely customs clearance with both local and international agencies. The ideal candidate Must be experienced in international supply chain activities in China, the USA, and Europe. He/She must have at least 7 years experience in Supply Chain with exposure to global sourcing.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and implement an overall supply chain strategy.
- Will be responsible for global sourcing and purchase.
- Will be responsible for maintaining a good relationship with already existing suppliers.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor departmental budget whilst ensuring key departmental plans are realized more cost-effectively.
- Update and prepare strategic reports for management review, status update and providing feedback.
- keeps track of the goods and supplies in a store or warehouse
- Updating inventory count and maintaining inventory records to share with management
- Reporting discrepancies in inventory that indicate theft, such as too little inventory at last count
- Managing inventory by stocking and cataloging products for a business
- Review procedures periodically to ensure that they maintain in line with changing business requirements and reflect best practice.
- Review and develop supply chain policies and procedures and identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions promptly.
- Develop chain routines that ensure the highest level of delivery and accuracy and delivery reliability of components.
- Maintain accurate and well-documented data and information on all international and domestic purchases.
- Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments.
- Maintain close communication with Finance, production, and sales by updating on the status of progress of both local and international purchases and custom procedures.
- Be proactive in ensuring that the supply and distribution of components are carried out effectively.
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, and Production teams to create an accurate stock forecast and maintain healthy stock levels to ensure continuity of production and availability of aftermarket goods.
- Quality control-effectively communicate shortages /excesses /transit damages and wrong supplies and communicate in a timely manner.
- Ensure correct taxes are paid for all import and international purchases are delivered to Opibus on time and cost-effectively.
- Ensure that all supplies have certification and documentation enquired for transportation and inspection. The supply chain manager shall ensure that suppliers’ risks are mitigated.
- Liaise with the clearing agent to ensure the timely receipt of imported goods.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience in Supply chain with 5 years in a management
- Must have a relevant bachelor's degree/ Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain or Engineering background
- Must have previous experience in Automotive preferably in Electric mobility.
- Must be competent in parts forecasting and inventory management in the warehouse.
- Must have logistical and customs clearance insight in Europe, the USA, and Asia routes
- Must have experience working with ERP systems with experience in automation
Career Level: Mid Level Management
Location: Airport North Road - Nairobi
Deadline: 24th June 2022